Saturday, December 12, 2009

Halloween or moving? Which would you prefer?

So I know that I am a little behind on my blogs. Okay. A LOT behind but I've been extremely busy these last couple of months trying to get my life in order. I actually saw Julie & Julia last night and decided I want to write a non-scencical blog about something random. Maybe I'll start one called Single and Sassy and write about my many strange single adventures I have. It's kind of interesting sometimes.

Okay, so enough of the randomness and on to the real reason I'm writing this blog, which would be...Halloween. For those of you who know my fun loving, crazy, party attitude, you also know that holidays are my absolute FAVORITE!! I love to go all out and be crazy and get into the spirit of things. Well, this Halloween turned out to be a little different. At my job, we did let the kids come dressed up on the Friday before Halloween. We, the teacher and the other habilitators, decided to go as a bag of M&M's and M&M's themselves. The teacher was the bag, and we were the M&M's. It actually turned out really cute and EVERYONE loved it!! But that was about the extent of my holiday celebrations.

I decorated for the holiday (a few days before), but actual Halloween day was spent getting all my stuff from my sister's mother-in-laws house, unpacking my room (which by the way still doesn't have a bed frame or dresser drawers) and then doing assignments for school!! It was the most anti-climatic Halloween any one's ever had. My roommates went to a bunch of parties and trick-or-treating with Nephews, but I got to spend the day at home!!! It was sooooooo SAD!! I did get to watch Dark Crystal with one roommate and our friends, but that was the extent of my Halloween celebration! BOO!!!

Oh!! Almost forgot. I did get to do a pumpkin. We carved them at FHE the Monday before and I was not about to pass up that tradition. I made on with a cat chasing a mouse and a full moon (my friend Nick's idea). Nick made one throwing up and let me keep it since his family had already done them and he already had one!! That was about the only fun part to the holiday!!!

No comments: