Thursday, July 23, 2009

Holiday #3 Catch Up!!

Happy 4th of July!!! I know, I know!! I am going to be playing the catch up game FOREVER it seems like!! But better late than never I always say!!

My Independence Day was kind of sporadic!! I spent the morning up at YW's camp (they don't call it girl's camp anymore because we are supposed to focus on
the fact that they are Young Women, not girls) packing up and riding home on the bus. I got home around 12:30 and went home to unpack and get ready for the day. Dad worked at the fair all day so he wasn't with us until the way late festivities.

At about 5:30 we picked up Nana and headed over to Mindy's for hamburgers, potato salad (which mom left at home and had to go back with Nana to pick up), watermelon, corn on the cob and yummy cake!! Mmmm, Mmmm!! Most of the food was prepared by Mindy and Jas!! We had homemade ice cream later that actually worked!! Surprise, Surprise!! Can you tell my family likes to eat on holidays!!! We can't help loving food!!
After dinner we went swimming (well, Nana, Jason, and I went swimming) and hot tubbing for about an hour!! I HAD to take a shower after that cause I still smelled like camp and now I was chlorinated and it was the first time I could take a shower in a week without getting dirty as soon as I stepped out!! It felt great!!We then walked down to the corner of the street to watch the fireworks from Cal Expo (i.e. the fairgrounds. Mindy and Jason live close enough we could see them). We decided to do this rather than try to battle all the traffic. We did have some tall evergreens in our way, but we still got to see the majority of the fireworks and really enjoyed them!!After that we did our own fireworks we bought. Mindy and Jason were really tired so went to bed, but Shaun, Cat, Nana, Mom, Dad (who came over after work) and I had a BLAST (haha. Get it. Blast!!) setting off fireworks!! Cat did a firework dance, and Shaun and Nana took turns leaping over the fireworks.
We all decided to be illegal too and hold the big fireworks in our hands and shoot them out!! Nana even got daring enough to put one up to her mouth.!! Then we did our traditional sparklers although we miss the old metal ones as they last longer, light easier, are brighter and don't burn you!!! We had a great time doing them though!!!We finished off the night with our traditional watching of Independence Day (the one with Will Smith in it). What can I say. We have a movie with every holiday as well. You can definitely tell where our priorities lie. With food and movies!! Hehehehe!! It was a relaxing and fun filled day!!