Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Holiday #2 Catch Up

Happy Easter Everyone!!! I'll post more later about Shaun's wedding as it happened over Easter weekend, but for right now, I'll just post about actual Easter!! And what a good Easter it was!!(Chad, Dan, Dacie, Cara and Ryland dying eggs)
(Ryland, Beth, and Kayden dying eggs)
(Colton, Sterling, Chad, and Boston dying eggs)
Since it was Shaun's wedding the ENTIRE family (minus Brendon who was on his mission and Shaun and Cat who were on their honeymoon) were there. That meant we had 2 nieces and 6 nephews to celebrate with!! It's always more fun when kids are around. We did eggs on Saturday night with all the kids at Chad and Beth's house. Boy did the parents go all out!! We had tie dyed eggs, crayons, shrink wrap, stamps, paint, outfits, cars for the eggs, you name it!! The kids LOVED it!! I decided to do a few eggs of my own as did Cara and Breanna. We were the only adults to do them!!

We all went to our separate churches in the morning (I was with Kelby and Amber-Rose and mom and dad were with Grandma and Grandpa, i think, and the rest with Chad and Beth and family) and then met up afterward family fun!!


Nana and I still got Easter Baskets (the benefits of being single. I still get treats from mom and dad) and we had an absolute FEAST for dinner with ham and everything. Then it was off to the Easter Egg hunts.(Get Ready. Get Set.....)
(Look at all my Candy BooBoo!)(Hey! Mine's empty!)(Chocolate! Chocolate! Where's the Chocolate?!)
Anyone who knows our family knows that we do 2 Easter egg hunts. One with chocolate eggs and robin eggs inside, and the real Easter eggs outside. We mainly let the kid
s do the hunting, but again, being the only 2 singles, Nana and I went on the hunt. We got to get the higher up chocolate eggs. I eventually gave mine to all the kids, but it was still fun to search for them. Then it was outside to our perspective areas to search for our eggs. The little kids had it easy in the back yard, but Nana had the side of the house, I had the garage and Cara had the front yard, so we had a little tougher time. But that's what you get for being older, right? We eventually found them all and had a blast doing it.(Colton the tight rope walker)
(Um. My eggs seem to be lost!)
(I'm thinking. I'm thinking. I'm thinking)
(I found 2! Yay!)
(I can't even reach that high. How am I supposed to get my egg?)
The rest of the day was spent bouncing on the trampoline with the kids and playing games as a family (you should see my sister's video of Nana and I playing crack the egg on the tramp!! It's great!!)!! I love spending time with my family!! They are hilarious and always make me feel good and wanted!! Happy Easter to all!!(Boston, Mikkelle, Kelby and Dacie all bouncing away!)
(Boston, Kayden Kelby, Mikkelle and mystery guy jumping to their hearts content!)
(Happy Easter! Love BooBoo and Dacie!)

No comments: