Monday, February 02, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Especially if they're autistic. Some of you may know that I work with an 11 year old autistic boy. He's a sweatheart, but he does have his days. The thing that gets me through those hard times though is remembering all the crazy things he says. Here are just a few of them:

-I got mad at him one day because he wasn't listening to me and doing his work. Usually when this happens he just says he wants to make me happy. But apparently I really upset him that day because he asked me, "Am I a jobless idiot?" What?! I still have no idea where he got that from. TV? Parents? Not sure.

-He got up to go sharpen his pencil and a girl in his class sat in his seat just to see what he would do when he came back. When he did return he gasped and said, "I've been replaced!"

-I kept him inside one day at recess to finish up some homework and when I let him out he ran down the ramp yelling really loud, "Recess, here I come!"

-I left him in the classroom one day while I went to the bathroom and as I rounded the corner to come back to class I see him standing at the door with it wide open screaming at the top of his lungs "Miss Amberlyn. Where are you?!"

-The other day I think he was coming down with something because he was sneezing all day. He finally turned to me and asked, "Miss Amberlyn. Why is my human body sneezing?" I told his regular teacher and she said, "As opposed to his alien body that doesn't sneeze?" We haven't quite decided yet:)

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I am pretty sure that I tagged you on facebook-so there! You better get thinking, I want you 25 thing on my computer by Thursday!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

ha ha ha ha he eneds to get together with the Sorensen boys!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

needs