Monday, January 19, 2009

Temple Trip Troubles







Whoever said that going to temple brought temporal blessings has underestimated the power of Satan. On my way to the church I hit the curb, but not just the curb, but the storm drain as well. So as you can guess I sliced the wall of my front right tire meaning I drove to the church on a flat. I went to the temple and then asked all the men to help me change it. We first couldn't get my car jacked up, then my spare was flat, then no other tires from other people's cars would fit on my car, then it was off to get my tire pumped up with air, and finally we got it on after a half an hour. Needless to say I didn't get into bed until midnight and it was quite the experience. And it didn't stop there. I went the next day to get a new tire and found out that my back left tire was completely flat and the tread completely gone so the spare went from the front right to the back left. Gotta love tires and getting them fixed.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

So the question lies, did you learn how to change a tire through this experience? I feel some of your pain because my sister had a similar experience in high school. . Same scenario,hit curb, flat tire(Bent rim), spare was flat, frame bent beyond all reason. Did I mention she hit the curb at about 40MPH? Hope all is well now!
Brian