Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear DADDY. Happy Birthday to you!!












So my dad's favorite color is blue, so this post gets written in blue writing!! My dad turned 58 this year!!! Weird huh?! I can't believe it!! Okay, it actually isn't that weird and I can believe it!!! I think I am starting to get old though too because 58 doesn't sound that old any more. Now 60!! That still sounds ancient!!
Anyway, my dad was lucky as we decided to celebrate his birthday twice so, it kind of was a week long thing. He wanted to go to the drive-ins for his birthday, so away we went. We didn't think everyone that was living here could make it, but we all did. We ended up watching Iron Man (my second time. LOVE IT!!) and 10,000 B.C. (which I really enjoyed)!! I think my dad had fun with all his kids and watching totally guy movies.
Then, that Saturday, we met up at Shaun and Cara and John's apartment complex and had a bar-b-que and swim party!! The whole family got together and just ate and played together. My dad even got in the pool and threw us kids off his shoulders like he used to do when we were little (his knee must be getting better). After swimming we went to Cara's house and had cake and ice cream (which cake I couldn't have because I made a New Year's resolution to not eat cake this year and I've actually done pretty good) and then Mom, Dad, Cara, and Brendon played Canasta while the rest of us either went home to sleep, slept at Cara's house, or went to go see Chronicles of Narnia!! I think my dad had a great birthday because most of his kids were there. And that's what he loves BEST!!!

1 comment:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Ummm, I thought your new years resolution was choco?!! Is it cake too and what else...? You were right I could not read mom's post..but when you change fonts again I will be able too. Check out our cute chubby familia!! I love our chubs--ANYWAYS about a video. I take it on my camera and download it with the pictures (my camera does it all automatically) Then I click on the link when I am creating a new post that has a little movie sign next to the picture one. A browse bar pops up and then I go into my file on the computer and click on the video--it always donwloads JUST great. Hope this helps! mom says you are coming to my casa after the reunion...true? BTW-look for my girl Carly at EFY from Cottonwood!