Sunday, December 04, 2011

The Rents

(Mom and Dad when they were newlyweds)

So my mom and dad have to be 2 of the coolest people I know. Ok. I think they are the 2 coolest people I know!!! My dad's name is Kent Delos (my grandpa got this name off a list of drunk guys who came in the hospital that night) Hutchings. My mom's name is Jeanie Marie Roth. My dad was born May 13, 1950 and my mom October 14, 1953. They met at BYU in the group International Folk Dancers and got married September 21, 1973. They have 9 BEAUTIFUL children: Cara Jean, 37, Alicia Ann, 36, Mindy Marie, 34, Chad Kent, 33, Amberlyn Brook, 31, Shaun Tyler, 28, Kelby Rand 26, Brendon Berc 21, Breanna Noelle, 19 almost 20. (Our family in much younger days)
They also have 12 beautiful grandchildren: Colton Ray, 10, Sterling Daniel, 9, Kayden Chad, 8, Ryland Kent, 6, Boston Cooper, 6, Dacie Ann, 4, Mikelle Amay, 4, Mccoy Daly, 3, Azure Snow, 1, Rhett Douglas, 1, Lekai, 9 months, Jade Marie, 2 months. (All but one of the grandkids at my wedding)
My parents have moved countless times (at like 15 if not more), been through at least a 12 jobs (just for my dad alone), 8 brain surgeries (for my dad), knee replacement (dad), prostrate cancer (dad), diabetes (mom), vertigo (mom), and breast cancer (mom), and yet they still find time to attend games, awards ceremonies, graduations, births, baptisms, weddings, and anything else they can manage!!! They have shown all their children what a strong marriage can be like and the true meaning of unconditional love!!! They are the 2 strongest people I know as well.

My dad: Has the sweetest, strongest testimony of the gospel of anyone I have seen!! He is the rock in our family!! He is the first one to suggest that family get together for whatever reason they can!! His face never shines brighter or his smile is never bigger than when he is surrounded by his family!! He has sacrificed his whole life for the well-being and health of his family. He laughs when we laugh, cries when we cry, is angry when we are angry, and is our number one supporter!! He rarely ever lets us see him in pain or hurt as he is trying to be the strong one for our family. And yet, he is the first one to tell a famous dad joke (his favorite is about his deaf dog. You should ask him sometime) or suggest something fun and crazy to do!!!(Funny daddy!!!)


My mom: THE STRONGEST lady I know!!! Has sacrificed time, money, emotions, and body for her family. She loves to dance and shares that whenever she can. Her body may not do the motions she can dream up anymore, but her mind still works and she teaches that to her children. Her testimony is just as strong as my dads, and never waivers, no matter what the new trial in life might be that she is facing!! She is also the funnest person to hug!!! She laughs readily and cries when her children do!! She is the most spontaneous one (first one to suggest TPing or chasing a car full of cute boys and getting a speeding ticket for it) and will actually participate as well!! Has had her fair share of physical ailments, but manages to keep a smile on her face!! She is our light and joy!!
(Mommy with her newly shaved head after chemo and with her youngest granchild)


My parents are a true inspiration and light in my life!!!! I don't know who or where I would be without them!!!(Mom and Dad now. Still as gorgeous as ever!!)

No comments: