Tuesday, May 08, 2007

JUST CUT IT OFF!!

So anyone who knows me, knows that whenever anyone has some sort of health problem (i.e. headache, bad knee, stomachache, anything) I tell you to just cut it off or out.!! So sensitive, no?! Anywho, about 4 months ago, I decided to play indoor soccer and try to go around a girl, but leave my knee where it was. So after about 10 mighty pops I went down hard. Unluckily for me, I didn't have health insurance (my company hadn't given it to me yet). s\So I lost/quit my job (because I couldn't do the work I was doing decrepid and other things) and then I went to the county health to see what they could do for me. Well, I got health insurance with them, but since it is with the county it takes them 3 times as long to do stuff. Which means after 2 months I got and appointment with an orthopedic surgeon and 2 months after that my MRI finally and 2 weeks later found out the final result. I was beginning to think that I was a hypochondriach and that there was nothing really wrong with me. But the final count is (drum roll please)............ I completely tore my meniscus and my ACL!! So literally I am going to get it cut out!! I have to go in for surgery. I have an appt. tomorrow to decide when, where and how much!! Lucky me no?! I am just glad to know what is wrong with me and that it can be fixed. It will probably be over a year recovery, but it is better than never being able to function fully again. So, yeah for JUST CUTTING IT OUT!!!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

wow, that sounds serious! I hope the surgery went alright! and: Hawaii!!!! Tell me more about it! I'm so glad you're finally going. I told you that if you wanted to go, I had no doubt that you would eventually make it there.. :)
love you!