Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm flying Jack!!











And flying is what I did!! Another BIG part of my week long trip home was to go skydiving. Breanna and I had made a plan that when she turned 18 we'd go skydiving, when she turned 21, bungee jumping, and 25 is base jumping. We have also added a trip to Greece when she graduates from college. We have such fun plans don't we?! :) Anywho, we ended up not being able to go skydiving over Christmas break (which is when her birthday is), so we made a plan to do it this summer. And do it we did!! My mom was freaking out (because of the video they make you watch before about not suing them if you die and the waivers you have to sign, and because the place was total hippy) and my dad was jealous. We told my dad if he lost enough weight we'd go with him again!!! We of course both opted to pay for the pictures and the DVD!! Sooo worth it. My jumping partners name was Blane and he was HILARIOUS!! He had a million and one "dad jokes", as we call them. Then when it came time to jump, he said he was going to count to 3 and then go, but went on one!! He also had fun spinning us around a million times and then spinning us after our chute was open while we were gliding down (which ended up making me nausea). We jumped from 14,000 feet and free fell for 2 minutes!! It was the best 2 minutes and $175 dollars I've ever spent!!

No comments: