Monday, August 25, 2008

Fair Day

So Brendon, Breanna, and I spent a couple of hours at the The California State Fair with Cara and John. I actually work there right now as a cashier at a concession stand. I'll post more on that later. Anyway, the theme for this year is that the fair has gone Hollywood. They have a whole area with fronts to different movies that you can take pictures with.(Pirates on the loose)
(Am I wearing any clothes?)(If only this were my real boyfriend. Sigh)(Brendon's new girlfriend. Isn't she HOT?!!)
They also had a green screen where you can take your picture and photo shop it into a movie. I did Open Season!! It was fun. Then after I was done working (they went to an Air supply concert while I was at work, but oh well), we went to the exhibit rooms and saw tons of paintings and props from movies!! (The painting I want for my baby's room. If you can't tell it's classic pooh!)
I was in heaven and you would have been too Chad. We ended with trip to a memorial to 9/11. How sad and powerful, but made me realize that this was one of the reasons I want to become a firefighter (I know. It changes every week. What can I say)!! They had a marble ball in a water fall with all the deceased names and part of the beam of one of the Twin Towers. It was soo powerful. I still want to get around to the rest of the fair, but haven't had time yet. I do get in free so I should definitely take advantage no?!

1 comment:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Brednon looks sooo happy to be there. Kiera knightely is Dans fav.~Cute hiar-it makes you look thinner! Firefighter eh? you are way too funny. concession stand, state fair momma!